This one will hopefully sit well with Elisa's predilection for feta... It's also one of the easiest ways to cook for a group, and goes down well.
1 eggplant (henceforth to be referred to by its proper, and more pleasant, name, "aubergine")
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 or thereabouts.
2. Cut aubergine in two. Brush with olive oil, and season with salt, pepper, crushed garlic and dried oregano.
3. Bake aubergine until tender and soft, maybe 20 minutes or so.
4. Toast pine kernels.
5. Scatter pine kernels, feta, and mint over aubergine. Drizzle olive oil.
6. Serve alongside the bread (or couscous, rice etc.)
(This is from "The Kitchen Diaries" by my favourite food writer, Nigel Slater.)